September 30, 2015

3 Months Out - 19th Birthday

Well. 3 Months out. Am I still a greenie? yes.

Twas a good week. It's amazing how little we actually do as missionaries. And I mean that in the sense that this is the Lord's work, and we are simply here to harvest the field. There will always be ups and downs, disappointments and success, but this is the Lord's work

Due to unexpected circumstances, Bobby was not baptized this Sunday. But we will continue to work with him and get him there! :) We are seeing a lot of progress in the lives of our investigators and I can't believe the things that happen when you turn to the Lord. Simple things like prayer and reading have so much influence in our lives. We may not be able to see it now, but they are there. 

Birthday! Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I don't feel any different, but now when I tell people I am 19, its not as surprising as 18, but I'm still a baby. Twas good, although it was just like any other day, and honestly I wouldn't want it any other way. On Thursday, the 24th, my favorite member family, the Godinez family, took Elder Guerrero and I to In N Out and we had cake after at their house. They are awesome! 

Book of Mormon, I'm read through Alma 9 this morning, how bout you? I also went to church this week. How bout you? It's never to late to start. There is power in the little things. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. 


Miracle of the week: We tried to see one of our investigators, but they weren't home. Luckily we had planned to go see some former investigators as backup. We decided to walk, even though they were kind of far away, it was a nice day. So we went, no one was home, on to the next. Eventually we got down to the last name, a bit further away than we thought. So we had the choice to either walk back to the car, or go ahead and walk it. We both felt like we should hit up the car. As we were walking, we stopped to talk to this guy Tony. After talking awhile, we showed him "The Hope of Christ's Light" video. Tony IS the guy. He had cars, houses, girls, money, everything, but still felt like something was missing in his life. He knows it is God, but doesn't quite know how to go about doing it. Next, he told us that he saw us across the street stop and talk about which way we should go, and he said a prayer that we would come by his way and talk to him about God. Tony doesn't live in our area, but we were able to leave him with a Book of Mormon and the number of the missionaries in his area. We also gave his number to the missionaries over there, he will get baptized. I know it. I love the work and the mission. Time flies, I miss and love all of you but I'm glad I'm here! Thank you for everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment